There were three major things going on in 2015:
1) The publishing of "Bloed", which had a severe hiccup because publisher J so tragically died last spring
2) The writing of "Talent", which had a severe hiccup because publisher J so tragically died last spring and i hit a huge wall in the writes department because of that and because i didn't have a good idea of how to actually get from A to B in my plot.
3) Weightloss. Following a red carpet picture in February and the fact that Brenda and Olli were already doing so well with losing weight, i decided to follow suit.
I was supposed to update on all of them but somewhere in the summer I just... declined to update anymore. I don't know why either. Probably because most of my need to communicate about writing already happens on my author's blog and the rest of it happens in chat, or on FB, or just... not at all anymore. I don't really blog anymore. We've seen the declining trend for the past few years and it's really not getting any better.
But let me update you on these three things at least:
1) "Bloed" got delivered to my work at the 24th of July. I could sell it to people on the 31st of July, at Castlefest. It was pretty goddamn amazing, even though I couldn't be there for the whole weekend because Derek's wedding was on Saturday and Sunday I got hit by a perfect shitstorm of sunstroke and a wasp sting (for which I am allergic. not enough to go into shock, but enough to feel like absolute SHITE about. i had been clever enough to take some antihistamine pills beforehand but it was not enough). For the rest though... it was such a sunladen beautiful triumph and I already fucking love Castlefest, so all was wonderful in that regard. The responses to "Bloed" are also amazing - I'm at 4.65 stars at Goodreads and that's not from just friends. It's everything I hoped for 😀
2) I finished writing "Talent" on 23 November. 122,000 words and three months of my life went into that project, dude. It was pretty insane. It still needs work, of course. My alpha proof readers are currently reading through the thing and sending me suggestions, so next month I can get cracking. The idea is that I use January and February to tweak on the manuscript and then I'll ask a second batch of proofreaders (the beta proofreaders) to take a look at it. And with those comments, hopefully the damn thing is done by March/April and ready for works with Cocky. It's a tight deadline but I'm pretty confident we'll make it. As it turns out, "Talent" needs work but it's far from a turd like "Bloed" was in the first version, when it was still called "Shards". So good times are had by all. :')
3) I'll let the numbers speak for themselves and just be really, really smug about this. It's 12kg of weightloss in a steady as she goes pace. 1.5kg per month, and I don't really have to do much for it, just not shove everything in my mouth that I can find. I'm also walking more with Bodhi, at least an hour per day. That's also helping. Trying to at least hit the 6000 steps a day on my google fit app. It was quite the revelation that walking really burns those calories as well, and that opens the door for being a little more lenient with regards to eating. Bodhi also doesn't mind a longer walk and it's great for plotting, so yay!
It's been hard to give myself some credit in this regard, because both Brenda and Olli lost a lot more weight than I did. Olli because he's a boy and he's also fitnessing and maybe just better at this than I am, and Brenda because she's been a lot more strict. So no, I haven't lost 20kg like they did. It's been 'only' 12kg. And that's stupid, right? I SHOULD congratulate the shit out of myself on this one, because 12kg is amazing. It's just because it's been so gradual, that people don't really notice? My mother's been the only one to really notice and comment on it (as she does, weight is a huge deal for her), but of course I hadn't seen her since June. But yeah, 12kg. This morning I hit the 93.2 and I am really proud of this.
Next year I'm going to shoot for 85. It's still a ways off, but it doesn't seem as impossible anymore as it was. And wow, I never thought I'd get to that point. When I started, 85 was 20kg away. Now it's only 8. I can do this. There are more impossible things to aim for 🙂
we have loch rannoch here at 50m from the cottage where we're staying, and today i was on a walk and i had my headphones on with my sweetness & light playlist... and just walking and drinking in that gorgeous sight, and sitting on the edge of the lake and looking at that view while caspian and sleepmakeswaves were filling my ears and beauty was filling my eyes... yeah, that's what happiness feels like 🙂 some people are mountain people. some people are sea lovers. some people love the forest. me, i'm a lake person. there's no view i love as dearly as a beautiful lake. <3
ten years ago today, i was sitting on a terrace behind the Eetkaemer café in a bronze-coloured dress, with flowers in my hair and i had a new golden ring around my right ring finger. Olli had a matching one, white gold against my yellow gold. it feels like yesterday as well as forever ago. i still love him as much as i did back then. that bullshit about loving someone more every day is not true, i think... or maybe i just hit max level fifteen years ago. he's a part of my soul, and even if it is not always easy, i can't live without him. he's the best thing that ever happened to me and i'm fucking grateful that he puts up with my shit. <3 onwards to the next ten years! (enjoy this piano cover of 'the only moment we were alone' by explosions in the sky. if you'd ask me if Olli and I have 'a song together', then no, not really - but this song is the closest. for some reason it reminds me of our wedding day, because i listened to the song a lot during that summer. it was enough to break me the fuck down when i saw it played live in the paradiso a couple of years ago. and this piano cover is beautiful. i don't think i shared it here yet, so here you go. it's gorgeous and fragile and beautiful.)
tracking isn't so much fun if there's nothing to track. i haven't written at all in the past few weeks, because i suck. losing weight was also shit, because literally nothing was happening, but the past few days i'm suddenly seeing a 98 on my scales - 98.5 🙂 so fuck if i know how this works, but that's now officially 6.5 kg gone. i lose about a kg a month now (1.5kg a month on average). it's not much, but steady as she goes i suppose. i do need to grab my chart with my weightloss over the past four months regularly, though, just to reassure myself that this is really happening. in happier news, Condamned was a lot of fun. the weather was gorgeous for a while there, and we got to lounge in the sun, i did two ribbon drive games (one was good and the other one was GREAT), and we had a blast playing two rooms and a boom. there were also quite a few fun board games (i'm getting one of them for my birthday from Bren :D). i also organised my sister's bachelorette and there's a lot of stuff I can say about that, but i really don't want to go into that right now. my sister had fun and let's leave it at that. i REALLY hope the weather will get better in the next week though - because the forecasts are shit. and i could do with some 20+ weather, really. also because we're leaving for Scotland soon. i know good weather is too much to hope when going to Scotland, but it would be so nice if it'd at least be dry... :') and then there's the fangirl happiness: 1) there's going to be a final fantasy 7 remake 2) there's a new DBZ series starting 3) brandon sanderson is confirmedly working on stormlight 3 4) and i may have squealed and shouted at my kindle while reading the newest expanse novel, nemesis games. so there's that. 🙂